Sunday, October 18, 2009

Surprise Shower





Last week Emma and I took a trip to Washington State to visit family and to meet my brand new niece, Hailey. My sister (picture below) after having had a baby only three week prior to our trip planned a baby shower for John T. How special is that? Over the past few years, my sister and I have become best friends and she has been such a strong supporter and encourager of our family during this adoption process. Thank you Heidi for throwing us this shower! It meant so much to me!!!

I had to also include a picture of my mom (center) as she co-hosted the shower with my sister. These are the girls in my family (from the left), Emma, me, YaYa, Hailey, Heidi and Hannah. John T. will be the first grandson on my side and has two boy cousins to keep him busy on John's side.

Good friends of ours from college drove from Bellingham and Auburn to visit while Emma and I were in Wenatchee. They were in on the surprise and did a great job of getting me out of the house and back without me having any idea that there was a shower being planned. I had no idea until I heard "SURPRISE" and saw the picture of our sweet boy sitting on the coffee table. Janet, second from right, is also adopting from Ethiopia so it was great to have her there to share her journey as well and to win the Ethiopia trivia game (did much better than me :)



I was able to catch up with old friends and both of baby John's grandmothers were there to celebrate him becoming part of our family (I didn't get a picture of Mimmaw but it was of course so special to have her there as well). Thank you again to Heidi and Mom and to everyone that attended. Can't wait to dress him in the cute outfits and cuddle with him with the soft blankets.......

6 comments:

  1. So fun! It was great to see you Sarah and can't wait til we both have our kids!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful of your sister to throw you a surprise shower. Looks like a wonderful time. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i'm so glad she did that for you! what fun!!!! john t.'s going to be home before you know it!!! (though i'm sure this part of the wait feels like the longest!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet shower- love how it was a surprise!! What a blessing! My sister and I have become much closer the past few years, too, and her baby boy is just 2 days older than our baby boy! Can't wait for you to get your court date!! Praying you will hear something this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be right there behind me... I know how you feel though... this part of the waiting game is brutal. I would think you'd get a call at any moment... Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete