Monday, June 8, 2009

Garage Sale Update and Waiting

Garage Sale:

Items for our garage sale this coming weekend have started filling up our front porch and basement. We have already had seven families drop off items and four more families tell us that they have items to give plus all of the stuff we have to sell from our own "collection". But of course, we have room for more if anyone has anything that they would like us to take off their hands. We will sell what we can and take the items to Urban Ministry and Goodwill if we can not get it sold unless you want the items back. As long as the weather holds out for us in the morning, it looks like it is going to be a great sale!

Waiting:

I have been reading a lot of adoption blogs over the last couple of months (blog spying as many call it) and most have said that one of the hardest parts of the adoption process is waiting. Being a planner and someone that likes to be in control, I have found this to be very true. We got on the list for a referral on May 15th and then were told we would get an update on how far we had moved up the list at the beginning of each month. Well June 1st came and went with me checking my email every 10 minutes....no news, then June 2nd checking email every 15 minutes....no news, June 3rd limiting myself to every hour...no news, June 4th back to every ten minutes....no news and on and on. We still haven't heard anything about how many referrals have gone out in the last month so are just waiting for the monthly email from our case worker giving us our "numbers". Fortunatley, the process of adopting has gone very smoothly for us and much quicker than we expected. Even with this, I am obsessed with getting whatever information I can. I am hoping as the months go by, I can mellow out and just get the information as it comes. Probably not, but one can hope....

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how hard it is for you to wait. We have a family at Hillcrest that is also adopting a little boy from Ethiopia and they are simply waiting for the court to give the green light. I will remember to pray for your garage sale this weekend along with peace. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete